* today's Far Side cartoon
@ 1996-09-05 19:03 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-09-05 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner.  The Far Side cartoon from the daily
calendar that I got from my brother has a most appropriate cartoon today.

Picture a vendor on a street corner, speaking to another fellow about his
wares.  The customer is wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase, obviously
considering a purchase.  The salesman is in a t-shirt and baseball cap.
Behind him in the booth are, you guessed it, gnus for sale.

The caption reads, "Well, I've got good gnus and I've got bad gnus."

I couldn't help thinking of this group.

--
Jack Vinson                   jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
"Narf!" - Pinky               <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

* Re: today's Far Side cartoon
@ 1996-09-06  6:49 ` Yair Friedman
From: Yair Friedman @ 1996-09-06  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson <jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu> writes:

> Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner.  The Far Side cartoon from the daily
> calendar that I got from my brother has a most appropriate cartoon today.

Someone posted it in the list a while ago, maybe you can srarch it in
the archives.

--
Yair Friedman.                  John Bryce (Systems) 1984 Ltd.
                                7 Hamarpeh St.

* Re: today's Far Side cartoon
@ 1996-09-06  8:42 ` Lars Balker Rasmussen
From: Lars Balker Rasmussen @ 1996-09-06  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson <jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu> writes:
> Picture a vendor on a street corner, speaking to another fellow about his
> wares.

It wasn't a vendor, it was a gnus-stand! :-)
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                           - Duck!
<URL:http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~gnort/>                           - Where!?

* Re: today's Far Side cartoon
@ 1996-09-06 15:58   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-09-06 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jack Vinson <jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu> writes:

Jack> Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner.  The Far Side cartoon
Jack> from the daily calendar that I got from my brother has a most
Jack> appropriate cartoon today.

Yair> Someone posted it in the list a while ago, maybe you can srarch it in
Yair> the archives.

	http://www.miranova.com/gnus-list/Mar-1996/0081.html

Luis Fernandes of Gnus logo fame posted it.

Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:11:02 -0500
From: elf@ee.ryerson.ca (luis fernandes)
Subject: Good news from "The Far Side"

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.