* reading news on remote server
@ 1996-09-13 19:57 Andreas Kaempf
From: Andreas Kaempf @ 1996-09-13 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

well it is a friday and i am trying to get some things working on my nt box
that i have not been able to get to work...

so here is another question that happens on both my unix and nt platform...

i am sitting on a different net than the one where my isp's news servewr is
sitting on and i try to connect to it to be able to read news and email...

connecting via pop to get email works fine with other email packages but
when i try to read me email via gnus and try to connect to the remote server
i get the following error:

nntp (news.mv.com) open error: 'Couldn't open connection to news.mv.com:

so i hang there and i never get the oppurtunity to read my email or news...

i am able to read news when logged into isp via ppp but not when try from
another network... is there something i need to set additional in my .gnus
or .emacs to allow me to connect remotely to server so that i can read email
and or news from a remote server...

cheers,
andreas

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-09-13 19:57 UTC | newest]