* Seemingly unable to post to usenet - yikes
@ 2000-09-22  0:40 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2000-09-22  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Running recent CVS (about 1 wk I think)

I've been unable to post to usenet for several days.  At first I
thought it was just slow propigation or something, but this is a
commercial news server (newsguy.com).  Some of the messages in my
outgoing news archive are 3 and 4 days old now.

How can I track this down?  I'm getting no error messages when
posting. I have (setq nntp-record-commands t) set in .gnus (for ages).

I assumed I'd be able to open the ' *nntpd* buffer and see activity
when posting.  Or maybe a buffer I see named:
' *server enews.newsguy.com nntp *nntpd*' (Note: use `C-u g' if you
want to see the asterisks in these names).
But running gnus with 3 frames open - `*Group*' ` *nntpd' and
` *server enews.newsguy.com nntp *nntpd*' , the only activity I see is
in ` *nntpd"' and that is a dispay of the .overview file when I open a
nntp group.  I see no commands and I see no activity at all in either
nntp buffer when posting to an nntp group.

Running a network monitor I see a connection open to enews.newsguy.com
when posting, but my messages don't show up.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-09-22  0:40 UTC | newest]