* Sgnus scoring Bug or Feature?
@ 1995-11-05  5:02 Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1995-11-05  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a neat effect ...  (sgnus 0.12, didn't notice it gnus 5.0)

Lets say you have (adding mark & expunge #s for reference)
(("from"
  ("@aol.com" -500 nil s))
 (mark -500)
 (expunge -1000)
 (mark-and-expunge -1000))
in your all.SCORE

and

(("from"
  ("aol.com" -1000 nil r)))
in your alt.SCORE.

The effect I'm finding is that when entering a group with aol posts,
the aol posts are not displayed with the rest of the messages.  They are
still counted in the total message count.  So once you're done with
the group, you have a bunch of unread messages from aol.com.  Reenter
the group to verify.

I like this a lot!  But I suspect it's a bug.  Is this just me, or can
this effect be duplicated?

Comments?

Regards,
--
steve@miranova.com baur

* Re: Sgnus scoring Bug or Feature?
@ 1995-11-05  6:15 ` Sudish Joseph
From: Sudish Joseph @ 1995-11-05  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur writes:
> I like this a lot!  But I suspect it's a bug.  Is this just me, or can
> this effect be duplicated?

> Comments?

It's a bug, I hope. :-)  What irritates me is having to catch up the
group to get rid of the articles that got scored out.  Otherwise they
hang around in the unread count for a long time.

I agree with Steven, it is useful to be able to see just the articles
that got scored out.  A command/key for this would be great.

-Sudish

* Re: Sgnus scoring Bug or Feature?
@ 1995-11-05  6:38   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-11-05  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sudish Joseph <joseph@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

> I agree with Steven, it is useful to be able to see just the articles
> that got scored out.  A command/key for this would be great.

The bug was that "expunged" articles weren't marked as read (when
required).  This should work better in 0.13.

"Expunging" is a misnomer these days, though.  It's really "limit to
articles with socre higher than x", which is a mouthful.  To restore
the previous limit, you just hit `/ w'.  ("Limit widen.")

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen