* Re: Double citation headers in Gnus.
       [not found] <199511071730.LAA22954@galil.austnsc.tandem.com.>
@ 1995-11-07 20:43 ` Edward J. Sabol
From: Edward J. Sabol @ 1995-11-07 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Excerpts from mail: (07-Nov-95) Re: Double citation headers in Gnus. by Sten Drescher
>  	Ah, is this a good idea? Mailcrypt also installs into
> news-reply-header-hook (as well as mail-mode-hook) - is this a case of
> living with doubled headers or without Mailcrypt, or will Mailcrypt
> work regardless?

No, it's ok, just setq the hook to nil *before* add-hook'ing the mailcrypt
routine. So in your .emacs, do the following:

(setq news-reply-header-hook nil)
(add-hook 'news-reply-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)

in that order (and along with all the other MailCrypt installation stuff).

Later,
Ed

* Re: Double citation headers in Gnus.
@ 1995-11-07 22:32   ` Christopher Davis
From: Christopher Davis @ 1995-11-07 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

SD>  == Sten Drescher
EJS> == Edward J Sabol <sabol@thuban.gsfc.nasa.gov>

 SD> Ah, is this a good idea? Mailcrypt also installs into
 SD> news-reply-header-hook (as well as mail-mode-hook)

Nope, it uses news-reply-mode-hook; nothing uses news-reply-header-hook.

 EJS> (setq news-reply-header-hook nil)
                       ^^^^^^
 EJS> (add-hook 'news-reply-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)
                            ^^^^
 EJS> in that order

The order is irrelevant.

ckd@loiosh ~ > grep -n news-reply elisp/xemacs/emacs-setup.el
222:(add-hook 'news-reply-mode-hook 'mc-install-write-mode)
264:(setq news-reply-header-hook nil)

Mailcrypt works.  SuperCite works.  There aren't any problems.

* Re: Double citation headers in Gnus.
@ 1995-11-07 17:30   ` Sten Drescher
From: Sten Drescher @ 1995-11-07 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Christopher Davis

Christopher Davis <ckd@loiosh.kei.com> said:

SD> == Sten Drescher <dreschs@mpd.tandem.com> When I followup to
SD> messages, I get two citation headers: One trhat I select (via
SD> supercite's electric references), and one that looks like (but isn't
SD> quite) supersite's inarticle-writes header style.  Does anyone know
SD> why it's doing this,

ckd> Yes.

SD> and how can I stop it?

ckd> Somewhat less than sufficiently blatant (buried in "Emacs 19 MUAs")
ckd> in the SuperCite docs is a note that, when installing SuperCite for
ckd> use with GNUS, you should (setq news-reply-header-hook nil) as well
ckd> as doing the (add-hook 'mail-citation-hook 'sc-cite-original).
ckd> This takes out the rnewspost.el code that adds the "In article
ckd> <ya@ya>" stuff.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>				/* Sten Drescher */
To get my PGP public key, send me email with your public key and

* Re: Double citation headers in Gnus.
@ 1995-11-06 23:15 ` Christopher Davis
From: Christopher Davis @ 1995-11-06 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

SD> == Sten Drescher <dreschs@mpd.tandem.com>

 SD> When I followup to messages, I get two citation headers: One trhat I
 SD> select (via supercite's electric references), and one that looks like
 SD> (but isn't quite) supersite's inarticle-writes header style.  Does
 SD> anyone know why it's doing this,

Yes.

 SD> and how can I stop it?

Somewhat less than sufficiently blatant (buried in "Emacs 19 MUAs") in the
SuperCite docs is a note that, when installing SuperCite for use with
GNUS, you should (setq news-reply-header-hook nil) as well as doing the
(add-hook 'mail-citation-hook 'sc-cite-original).  This takes out the
rnewspost.el code that adds the "In article <ya@ya>" stuff.

* Double citation headers in Gnus.
@ 1995-11-06 21:46 Sten Drescher
From: Sten Drescher @ 1995-11-06 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted as well.

	When I followup to messages, I get two citation headers: One
trhat I select (via supercite's electric references), and one that looks
like (but isn't quite) supersite's inarticle-writes header style.  Does
anyone know why it's doing this, and how can I stop it?