* Persistent News Articles - Saving News
@ 1995-12-05  7:03 Jason Schroeder
From: Jason Schroeder @ 1995-12-05  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

It would seem to me that if I want to save an article in comp.lang.ml, for
example, I would probably like to just keep the article in the organization
it has been initially presented to me.  So saving an article becomes the
functional equivalent of making the article persistent in that newsgroup.

I find that saving articles presents me with a diffiuclty: what to name it
and where to file it!  Even then, will I remember to go looking at the
saved information.

Initially it seems to me when we save news articles, we are really wanting
to hold the article indefinitely - not just stuff it somewhere else.

Does this make sense to anyone?  Any takers?  Is this an appropriate use
for viirtual groups mixing mail and news in the same group?

Comments? Rants?

Jason