* bbdb, sgnus 0.18, and gnus-bbdb: bbdb-user-mail-name isn't working
@ 1995-12-08 18:07 Sten Drescher
From: Sten Drescher @ 1995-12-08 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

	The info for bbdb-user-mail-name says that it should be a regexp
(I have it set to "dreschs@.*") that identifies me, and that messages
from a matching address will show the BBDB record for the recipient
rather than me.  Am I interpreting this wrong, or does it not work with
gnus-bbdb v1.20?

--
#include <disclaimer.h>				/* Sten Drescher */
To get my PGP public key, send me email with your public key and

* Re: bbdb, sgnus 0.18, and gnus-bbdb: bbdb-user-mail-name isn't working
@ 1995-12-09  0:34 ` Brian Edmonds
From: Brian Edmonds @ 1995-12-09  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Sten Drescher, ding

Sten> The info for bbdb-user-mail-name...

The code in bbdb-gnus that does this does not work under Gnus 5 or
later, and I've never gotten around to implementing it under gnus-bbdb,
as I'm skeptical of the idea.  Most mail from me I have for archival
purposes, don't really care to read, and would prefer not to visually
mix up with mail actually from others.

If anyone adds this to gnus-bbdb in a sufficiently general way (or if I
can hack your code into sufficient generality), please send me a patch
and I'll see about working it in.

Brian.                               http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/edmonds