* Score defaults
@ 1996-01-12 12:53 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just enabled those score default setting menus, but I'm still a
bit confused as to how the score entry process is supposed to work.

Like, it should be possible to write `I a s p' no matter what the
defaults are.  `I A' should trigger using the defaults for type and
duration.  But what if there is no default for duration?  Should
Gnus just use the type default, and ask for the duration?  (Well, that
sounds reasonable, but I don't see much of a win in typing `I A p'
instead of `I a s p', if "s" is the type default...

And how is the header default meant to be used?  Just pressing `I'
can't mean that the header default would be triggered...

--
   Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen * larsi@ifi.uio.no
      (a red leaf that falls from the purple tree)

* Re: Score defaults
@ 1996-01-13 17:55 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-01-13 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> I've just enabled those score default setting menus, but I'm still a
LMI> bit confused as to how the score entry process is supposed to work.

I think the idea was that if the user explictly had set a default
value, he would not be asked, until til he sets the default back to
nil.  Thus, pressing `I' might increase all articles with the same
number of lines as the current article permanently, without prompting
for anything, if you had set the defaults so.

If you press `I A' and type is set to nil (ask) and duration to
permenent, I think Gnus should make a permanent substring entry for
the current articles author.  In other words, the capital letter
shortcuts should invoke the current hard coded defaults, when no user
set defaults are available.