* 0.29: nnvirtual + cache pb
@ 1996-01-18 14:02 boubaker
From: boubaker @ 1996-01-18 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

 hi dingers,

 I'm now in 0.29 ... I still have SCORING problems but not in all groups
(!!). But I've too problems of interactions with nnvirtual groups (yes I use
them!) and cache:

Signalling: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  file-name-as-directory(nil)
  gnus-cache-file-name(nil ".overview")
  gnus-cache-save-buffers()
  gnus-cache-possibly-remove-articles-1()
  gnus-cache-possibly-remove-articles()
  gnus-summary-exit()
  gnus-summary-catchup-and-exit(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-catchup-and-exit)

If in the summary buffer I do C-h-v group it tell me value is nil.
The group I'm on is nnvirtual:answers (alt.answers + comp.answers + ...).

Sorry if I can't give more infos but my edebug is broken (error: eval max
depth someting). How do you debug nicely elisp without it??

BTW. I would really appreciate if my SCORING problems could be solved, I
couldn't live (understand: read news) anymore without it. It's a strange
problem SCORING work on some groups but not some others (or maybe is it on
some subjects but not others I don't know yet). The same SCORING rules worked
fine for me in 0.12.

Yet another question why does my gnus try to use nnfolder:
Opening nntp server on seche...
nntp: Connecting to server on seche...

Reading active file from archive via nnfolder...
Cannot read active file from nnfolder server.
Reading active file from seche via nntp...

Reading active file from seche via nntp...done
Checking new news...
Checking new news...done

I've: nnfolder-get-new-mail's value is nil
and didn't tell anywhere sgnus to use nnfolder.

 thanks a lot

ps: my emacs is 19.13 XEmacs Lucid

 - heddy -

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-18 14:02 UTC | newest]