* [sgnus 0.29] frame in gnus-add-configuration
@ 1996-01-18 15:46 Ian Fitchet
From: Ian Fitchet @ 1996-01-18 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

	I want the tree display to appear in another frame, I can do
it with gnus-configure-frame, but not with gnus-add-configuration
which complains ``Illegal buffer type: frame''.

	For example:

(gnus-configure-frame
 '(frame 1.0
	 (vertical 1.0
		   (summary 0.25 point)
		   (article 1.0))
	 (vertical ((height . 15) (width . 40)
		    (user-position . t)
		    (left . 1) (top . 1))
		   (tree 1.0))))

	works, whereas

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article
   (frame 1.0
	  (vertical 1.0
		    (summary 0.25 point)
		    (article 1.0))
	  (vertical ((height . 15) (width . 40)
		     (user-position . t)
		     (left . 1) (top . 1))
		    (tree 1.0)))))

	doesn't.

	Is it me, am I being dim?

	[[ Grovelling through the code I got a bit lost, but I have
the impression that gnus-configure-frame dealt with 'frame directly,
whereas gnus-all-windows-visible-p (from gnus-configure-windows)
doesn't. ]]

Cheers,

	Ian
 Ian Fitchet						I.D.Fitchet@ftel.co.uk
 Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe ltd., Birmingham Business Park, B37 7YU, UK

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-01-18 15:46 UTC | newest]