* Feature freeze: Now!
@ 1996-01-23 10:51 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-23 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just decided that September Gnus is now frozen.  There will be no
new features after September 0.31 has been released.  I though I'd do
the asynchronous thing, but it's too fiddly to put in something like
that at this stage, so I'll wait with that until Red Gnus.

(Well, the September ChangeLog just reached 100Kb, so it seemed like a
nice time to freeze..)

So we'll do bugfixes for as long as it takes to get September stable
(which should be a month or two, perhaps?), release it, and then start
working on Red Gnus.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* request for red gnus
@ 1996-01-25 14:19 ` Felix Lee
From: Felix Lee @ 1996-01-25 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

let nntp cache overview lines.  overview data for an article never
changes, and I'd rather keep my own copy for groups I regularly read,
instead of sucking them down at PPP speeds.