From: Wes Hardaker <hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: September Gnus 0.31 is released
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:47:42 -0800	[thread overview]

craffert@sps.ml.com (Colin Rafferty) writes:

|> I disagree.  I think that if you set the foreground, you must set the
|> background.  Otherwise, what do you do about people whose default
|> backgrounds clash with (or match) one of the foreground colors.

Wow...  Sounds like...  Yessss...  Could it be:  New variable time!!!

(defvar gnus-xmas-neato-xpm-file-or-neato-file-number-two-with-transparent-background "gnus.tr.xpm"
  "Describes the file to load as the pretty picture.
Should be either gnus.tr.xpm or gnus.bg.xpm.")

(chuckle 10)

|> I'm sorry, but this is my pet peeve about web pages also -- people think
|> that they know better what foreground colors I want for links, etc., and
|> don't take into account that I have a black background rather than a
|> light grey.

Well, those people should also set the background color.  You are
right, it is silly to set the font color unless you also set the
background.  However, if the colors are compatible (mine is only
slightly different (greyer) from the background in the image) the
screen looks MUCH better.