From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu>
Subject: Re: Old messages from this list in Digest Format via FTP ?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 1996 01:20:10 -0600	[thread overview]

AS> Can I FTP the old messages from this list in digest format from
AS> somewhere ?

Well, I keep the archives and they're not digested.  Perhaps you already
know that you can type G a in the group buffer to get a newsgroup
containing the last 500 articles from this list, or C-u G a to get the
_entire_ archive.  WARNING: that's currently over 7000 articles and the
overview is 1.4MB.  It's probably pretty useless at this point, but then
info that old is probably useless, too.  Whatever happened to the proposal
to allow nnml folders to contain several subdirectories?

You can also get the stuff as a single tar file; just get the
(non-existant) file ding-list-recent.tar.gz or ding-list.tar.gz from
ftp.hpc.uh.edu:/pub/emacs.  The second will still be huge (~13MB).

If it would be of any use to anyone, I may be persuaded to batch up monthly
chunks but I probably won't make them into digests unless someone provides
a quick script to do so.

 - J<