* Gnus and GroupLens
@ 1996-02-23 11:42 David Allen
From: David Allen @ 1996-02-23 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just upgraded to September Gnus 0.40 (from 5.0.9) + GroupLens
(gnus-gl.el v2.5).  I like both!  Thanks all.

XEmacs 19.13.

Two problems:

1) When trying to enter a GroupLens enhanced group I get

Symbol's function definition is void: make-local-hook

I see this is also used in custom.el, but protected by

(if (fboundp 'make-local-hook))

Presumably this function is not in XEmacs (yet).

Retrying seems to (usually) enter the group successfully.

2) Trying to enter the group the next day fails with timeout errors,
presumably retrieving the GroupLens scores.  Quitting and restarting
Gnus fixed this.

David

P.S. My XEmacs memory problems mean I need to restart about every 2
days--when the memory usage exceeds about 35Mb.  This is probably more
due to a 1.8Mb tags file and a lot of font-locked buffers than Gnus.

--
David Allen (davida@lsl.co.uk)		   Laser-Scan Ltd,
Principal Software Engineer		   Science Park, Milton Road