From: Steve Baumgarten <sbb@panix.com>
Subject: find-file-noselect in 19.29 vs. nnfolder.el in sgnus-0.41
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:30:09 -0500 (EST)	[thread overview]

It seems that nnfolder.el calls find-file-noselect with an additional
argument that doesn't exist in emacs 19.29:

  (defun nnfolder-read-folder (file)
    (save-excursion
      (nnfolder-possibly-activate-groups nil)
      ;; We should be paranoid here and make sure the group is in the alist,
      ;; and add it if it isn't.
      ;;(if (not (assoc nnfoler-current-group nnfolder-group-alist)
      (set-buffer (setq nnfolder-current-buffer
			(nnheader-find-file-noselect file nil 'raw)))
                                                              ^^^^

This causes nnfolder processing to barf in general.  I assume the
extra argument was added in 19.30 or 19.31; for the sake of those of
us who can't always get our sysadmins to upgrade us to the latest and
greatest emacs as quickly as we'd like, it'd be nice if some sort of
check of emacs-version was added.

Steve Baumgarten
sbb@panix.com