* bug: sgnus inserts blank lines in headers
@ 1996-04-03 23:58 Hallvard B Furuseth
From: Hallvard B Furuseth @ 1996-04-03 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here is an article I just posted:

> From: Hallvard B Furuseth <hallvard@solva.ifi.uio.no>
> Subject: test igjen
> Newsgroups: uio.test
> Date: 04 Apr 1996 01:45:25 +0200

My .emacs does nothing fancy, it just sets load-path and
gnus-nntp-server.

Hmm -- an earlier gnus version inserted an extra newline after some
`From: ' lines too; I think that's fixed now.  And now this...
In addition to fixing this bug, maybe gnus should check that
the user does not insert a newline in the header (except newlines
followed by continuation lines).

--

Hallvard

* Re: bug: sgnus inserts blank lines in headers
@ 1996-04-18 13:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-04-18 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallvard B Furuseth <hallvard@solva.ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Here is an article I just posted:
>
> > From: Hallvard B Furuseth <hallvard@solva.ifi.uio.no>
> > Subject: test igjen
> > Newsgroups: uio.test
> > Date: 04 Apr 1996 01:45:25 +0200

It seems like message.el sometimes generate headers after the
`mail-header-separator' line.  I have been unable to reproduce this
bug.  Has anybody else seen similar behavior?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: bug: sgnus inserts blank lines in headers
@ 1996-04-18 15:44   ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 1996-04-18 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> Hallvard B Furuseth <hallvard@solva.ifi.uio.no> writes:
>
> > Here is an article I just posted:
> >
> > > From: Hallvard B Furuseth <hallvard@solva.ifi.uio.no>
> > > Subject: test igjen
> > > Newsgroups: uio.test
> > > Date: 04 Apr 1996 01:45:25 +0200

> It seems like message.el sometimes generate headers after the
> `mail-header-separator' line.  I have been unable to reproduce this
> bug.  Has anybody else seen similar behavior?

Sgnus 0.63 doesn't use message.el, does it?

I have seen the behaviour quite a lot. But not that it inserts headers
after the separator, but that it inserts an empty line before it. The
problem I hav seen are really long Message-IDs in the In-reply-to:
line, which were wrapped like this:

----- Separator line here --------

This made sendmail.el put many of the headers in the body instead.

I never bothered to track it down or report it, though.

--
David Kågedal     Lysator Academic Computer Society       davidk@lysator.liu.se
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~davidk/                              +46-13 17 65 89