* Mail from Tomohiko disappears
@ 1996-05-05 16:58 Frank D. Cringle
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Frank D. Cringle @ 1996-05-05 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am I the only one experiencing this or did I miss it being mentioned
somewhere?  Tomohiko's messages get tagged onto the end of my RMAIL
file and just languish there unrecognized.

The problem is due to the "From " mbox delimiter line not being
recognized.  I am not sure which component of my installation is the
root cause, so here is a run down:
  sendmail 8.6.x (the one that comes with Solaris 2.5)
  emacs 19.30
  gnus 5.1
  tm-edit 7.52
  nnbabyl

Here is the "From " line from the mbox (* prepended to protect the
innocent)
* From morioka@jaist.ac.jp (=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCPGkyLBsoQiAbJEJDTkknGyhC?= / Sun May  5 17:41:15 1996

If I chop out the fullname part all is well, so I guess there is a
regexp somewhere that gets confused.  It looks like nnbabyl just gives
up without so much as a warning.  The raw message can be found sitting
unchanged after the final ^_ (0x1f) in the RMAIL file.

--
Frank Cringle                      | fdc@cliwe.ping.de
voice + fax                        | +49 2304 467101