From: jbw@cs.bu.edu (Joe Wells)
Subject: Re: miscellaneous Gnus problems/questions
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:10:36 -0400	[thread overview]

In article <ufa4tohpnic.fsf@sina.hpc.uh.edu> Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu> writes:

   JW> 6.  The help text for "I a ?" lists match types that are not legal in
   JW> combination with "a".  It also has a duplicate description for match
   JW> type "r".

   Still does.  Most likely a left-out feature (have to write bunches of help
   texts to fix it).

Just write one piece of help text for each letter and then insert the help
texts in the help buffer only for the letters that apply.

   JW> 18. I have noticed when reading the group

   JW> nndir+/ftp@ftp.hpc.uh.edu:/pub/emacs/ding-list-recent/:ding.recent

   That's me.

   JW>     that some of the read marks often get lost when I revisit the
   JW> group.  I can't figure out why this is happening.

   Odd.  Nobody else has reported it anywhere I've seen.  I don't renumber the
   articles, just delete the old ones, so I can't say.  Anyone else seen this
   one?  If upgrading doesn't cure it, let me know.

I seem to notice this happening when I switch from home to my office.  I
never exit from Emacs; I leave it running for months.  At home, I use an
Emacs running under iScreen.  At my office, I use an Emacs connected to my
X display.  When I leave my office (or home), I quit Gnus ("q" in *Group*
buffer).  Then I restart Gnus (M-x gnus) when I get home (or to my
office).

--
Joe Wells <jbw@cs.bu.edu>