* Picons and W3 stuff
@ 1996-07-03 19:55 Anthony Rossini
From: Anthony Rossini @ 1996-07-03 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey -
	Am I an idiot (likely), or is there a combination problem with
	using picons and getting the really cool in-line link
	highlighting/wfollowing with w3 stuff, using gnus-5.2.32 (also
	happened with the version shipped with XEmacs 19.14, 5.2.25 I
	think)?  I've tried the following:

;; PICONS -- but they don't work?
(setq gnus-use-picons t)
(add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-article-display-picons t)
(add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook 'gnus-group-display-picons t)
(add-hook 'gnus-article-display-hook 'gnus-picons-article-display-x-face t)
(setq gnus-picons-display-where 'article)

	but bad things happen:
		#1 - the *PICONS* buffer still appears, though the
		     picons are put into the article like they ought
		     to be, and
		#2 - the following of URLS goes away...  Which is
		     painfully bad and which I didn't realize I
		     used so much until it disappeared.
		#3 - Highlighting goes away, and the headers are not
		     stripped.  I think that I'm also losing the
		     inlined x-faces, as well

It seems like I'm removing some hook which sets up the last 2.5
things, but I'm not sure how (since after all, I'm "adding" hooks).

Thoughts? Or should I be sending more information re: the setup I'm
using?

(today just isn't made for elisp debugging, unfortunately -- it's an
xlispstat day...).

later,
-tony

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-07-03 19:55 UTC | newest]