* archiving messages using gnus-bbdb
@ 1996-09-08 18:45 mmoll
From: mmoll @ 1996-09-08 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

that has been posted as well.

Hi,

I am trying to get the gnus-bbdb-split-method to work. This is the relevant
code from my .gnus:

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnfolder "archive"
		 (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)
		 (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
		 (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
		 (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive"))
      gnus-message-archive-group "outbox"
      gnus-summary-respool-default-method
      '("nnfolder+archive" mail respool address))
      gnus-valid-select-methods
      (cons '("nnfolder+archive" mail respool address)
	    gnus-valid-select-methods))

(require 'gnus-bbdb)
(setq nnmail-split-methods 'gnus-bbdb-split-method
      gnus-bbdb-split-default-group "others")

If I type "B r" (respool article), I get the following error:

	nnfolder+archive does not support article copying

What am I doing wrong? It would be nice, if I would not have to choose a
select method at all, but would only have to confirm the folder that the
gnus-bbdb-split-method has found.

--
Mark Moll

* Re: archiving messages using gnus-bbdb
@ 1996-09-14 16:47 ` Brian Edmonds
From: Brian Edmonds @ 1996-09-14 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: mmoll+

mmoll  <mmoll> writes:
> I am trying to get the gnus-bbdb-split-method to work.

Looking at the config setup you posted, I'm not quite sure what you're
trying to do, as I don't use any of the Gnus archiving stuff myself.  I
like to keep it nice and simple, and just BCC myself on everything that
goes out.  This way messages I send get autofiled in the right place by
the BBDB when Gnus splits my mail.

Brian.