* permanent articles, how permanent are they??
@ 1996-09-25  8:58 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-09-25  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am tired of reading `101 ways to do IT!' (everybody tells me to
RTFM), so I decided to get into more heavy, uhm sort of kinky stuff,
and started reading the Red Gnus manual (Larsi's little red?? Nah big
red.. (or whats the book by Mao called in english?)..

Uhm what was I know gonna write about.. oh yeah.. it just hit me
permanent articles (cached and so on) how do they survive a
server-change, a move to another account and so on??

	/Andy
--
 Hi I am an alien .sig, and at the moment I am having sex to your
 mind, by looking at your smile I can see that you like it.

 Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
 See <http://www.fukt.hk-r.se/~flognat/mail/> for more info.

* Re: permanent articles, how permanent are they??
@ 1996-09-25 19:44 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-25 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <flognat@fukt.hk-r.se> writes:

> it just hit me permanent articles (cached and so on) how do they
> survive a server-change, a move to another account and so on??

Nope -- the cached articles rely on the article numbers remaining
constant.  Fixing this is on the todo list, though.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen