* forwarded message from William Perry
@ 1996-10-11  1:31 William Perry
From: William Perry @ 1996-10-11  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anybody got the time to work on this?  I can clean up the SSL code and firm
up the API, etc.

-Bill P.
------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
From: William Perry <wmperry@aventail.com>
Sender: wmperry@aventail.com
To: wmperry@aventail.com
Subject: Re: help: configure GNUS for netscape secure news??
Date: 10 Oct 1996 18:30:11 -0700

that has been posted as well.

greg@alphatech.com (Greg Klanderman) writes:

> Is there any way to configure GNUS to read news from a netscape secure news
> server as a foriegn server?  Through a SOCKS proxy server?  Any information
> would be greatly appreciated ... the thought of having to use the extremely
> losing netscape news reader and composer daily is making me ill.

  You would have to write a new backend.  It shouldn't be too difficult to
do, for someone with the time.  I have patches to Emacs 19 and XEmacs to
add native SSL support (investigating the legality of distributing them
right now :), with a stub ssl.el package that can use an external process
for doing the SSL support if you don't want to recompile.  I'll

- --
William Perry			wmperry@aventail.com
Unix Server Development Lead  & Emacs-W3 Author
Aventail, Corp.			http://www.aventail.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-10-11  1:31 UTC | newest]