* Japanese names & alphabetization
@ 1996-10-07 15:04 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-07 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I never seem to be able to remember how to alphabetizise Japanese
names.  The family name is the first name, isn't it?  But I also seem
to remember that some people write the family names last to avoid
confusing us stupid furriners, which is really confusing.

These are the five names from the "Contributors" section of the manual
I'm not sure about:

Ishikawa Ichiro,
Morioka Tomohiko,
Masaharu Onishi,
Hideki Ono,
Katsumi Yamaoka.

Could someone who knows about these things tell me which are the
family names?