* Displaying "To" field in Summary buffer
@ 1997-01-07 22:28 Mitchell Wand
From: Mitchell Wand @ 1997-01-07 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using Gnus 5.1 as a mail reader and enjoying it immensely.  However, as a
mail reader it sorely needs one more bit of behavior: I'd like to arrange it
so that on mail that I send, the Summary buffer displays the person to whom
I've sent a piece of mail.  Right now all my outgoing mail appears like

19-Dec !  [  17: Mitchell Wand       ] Can't requeue articles?

with no indication of who I sent it *to*.  It would be much more informative
if it said something more like:

19-Dec !  [  17: To: dworkin@ccs.neu.] Can't requeue articles?

Other mail readers do this routinely.

User-defined format items (%u?) don't seem to help directly, because they are
applied to the header data structure, which doesn't contain the data I want.

Surely somebody must have written some elisp to accomplish this.  Any code, or
ideas?

--Mitch

Mitchell Wand				      Internet: wand@ccs.neu.edu
College of Computer Science, Northeastern University
360 Huntington Avenue #161CN, Boston, MA 02115     Phone: (617) 373 2072
World Wide Web: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/wand   Fax:   (617) 373 5121

* Re: Displaying "To" field in Summary buffer
@ 1997-01-08 14:24   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1997-01-08 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> Sadly, this is nontrivial for Gnus: the stuff that is displayed in the
> summary buffer comes from the .overview files, and the format of
> .overview files specifies no To header.

The nov format allows extra headers though, so it is "just" a question
of teaching Gnus about them.

* Re: Displaying "To" field in Summary buffer
@ 1997-01-08  8:59 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-01-08  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Mitchell> [...] I'd like to arrange it so that on mail that I send,
  Mitchell> the Summary buffer displays the person to whom I've sent a
  Mitchell> piece of mail.  [...]

Sadly, this is nontrivial for Gnus: the stuff that is displayed in the
summary buffer comes from the .overview files, and the format of
.overview files specifies no To header.

I think.

kai
--
I wonder why nobody don't like me,
or is it de fact dat I'm ugly? -- Harry Belafonte