* Re: Selectable line width for `W w'?
@ 1997-01-23 19:23 St. Suika Fenderson Roberts
From: St. Suika Fenderson Roberts @ 1997-01-23 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin Rafferty <craffert@spspme.ml.com> writes:
> Karl Kleinpaste writes:
>> How difficult would it be to arrange for `W w' to use the *Article*
>> buffer's current width (less some right margin border size, maybe 5
>> characters) as the fill-column?  Or, alternatively, to take an
>> argument specifying the desired width?

> How about using `defadvice'?  Untested code follows:

> (defadvice gnus-article-fill-cited-article (around set-fill-column activate compile)
>   "Change fill-column of *Article* to \"good\" size."
>   (save-excursion
>     (set-buffer gnus-article-buffer)
>     (set-fill-column (- (frame-width) 5)))
>   ad-do-it)

One modification, that being to use window-width instead, which should
make sure things work when one uses vertical splits or
(possibly/probably) on a dumbish terminal.

hope this helps,
	Suika
--
                  wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
the cats I won't be able to see until who knows when: Monster, Lish, Cricket,

* Re: Selectable line width for `W w'?
@ 1997-01-24  9:22 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-01-24  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@jprc.com> writes:

> How difficult would
> it be to arrange for
> `W w' to use the
> *Article* buffer's
> current width (less
> some right margin
> border size, maybe 5
> characters) as the
> fill-column?

No, I think the user's `fill-column' should be respected.

> Or, alternatively,
> to take an argument
> specifying the
> desired width?

That's a good idea.  `2 0 W w' will now fill at width 20.  As you can
see, that's clearly very, uhm, ah.  Well.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Selectable line width for `W w'?
@ 1997-01-23 18:29 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1997-01-23 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)