* Re: The article buffer, and proportional fonts
       [not found] <"m2d8uu4g43.fsf"@altair.xemacs.org>
@ 1997-01-25  3:34 ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1997-01-25  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> wrote:
>>> I just decided that I wanted the article buffer to use a
>
>> What a terrible netscapeish/microsoftian idea for messages without
>> MIME headers, or messages with MIME type text/plain.
>
>You misspelled netscapeish/microsoftian/XEmacsian ;-).  I thought it
>looked pretty cool, but it was slooow ...

slow ? *shrug*  It's been so long since I ran gnus in fixed-width
that i've absolutely no idea how slow it is in comparison.

Come to think of it, i've never run gnus in a fixed-width font.

My whole reason for running XEmacs (initially) was so i could use proportional
fonts, before netscape existed :PP

My default font (for everything) is palatino - if I really have to use a
fixed-width font, then I've got a small hack that I put in dired mode, and
C mode (the latter was more proof-of-concept than anything), that fiddles the
font-lock-* fonts to use a fixed width font in that buffer only.

Yay for proportional fonts (and XEmacs) ! :)

Andrew
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff -                  ajc@bing.wattle.id.au    (PGP/MIME ok)
  +61 3 9905 1165 (bh)                   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc

* Re: The article buffer, and proportional fonts
@ 1997-01-25  7:38   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-01-25  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> > I just decided that I wanted the article buffer to use a
>
> What a terrible netscapeish/microsoftian idea for messages without
> MIME headers, or messages with MIME type text/plain.

No, it looks reeel pretty, like.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: The article buffer, and proportional fonts
@ 1997-01-25  2:56   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1997-01-25  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang writes:

>> I just decided that I wanted the article buffer to use a

> What a terrible netscapeish/microsoftian idea for messages without
> MIME headers, or messages with MIME type text/plain.

You misspelled netscapeish/microsoftian/XEmacsian ;-).  I thought it
looked pretty cool, but it was slooow ...

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* The article buffer, and proportional fonts
@ 1997-01-24 21:04 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1997-01-24 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I just decided that I wanted the article buffer to use a

What a terrible netscapeish/microsoftian idea for messages without
MIME headers, or messages with MIME type text/plain.

An excellent idea, however, for messages with MIME type
text/enriched (or other text/* subtypes yet to be defined...)

- Steinar