From: Andrew J Cosgriff <ajc@bing.wattle.id.au>
Cc: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: XEmacs & buffer-local fonts
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 14:39:15 +1100	[thread overview]

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>I just decided that I wanted the article buffer to use a proportional
>font.  I thought that would be a breeze, but after reading the XEmacs
>manual some, it doesn't seem like a simple thing to do.  I must be
>overlooking something.
>
>So I did this, and it works, but it's slow.  So...  What's the *real*
>way of doing something like this?

I've no idea - i use a really quick gross hack like this to get a fixed
width font in a "term" buffer  (or dired or C...)

(if (eq (device-type) 'x)
    (add-hook 'term-mode-hook
              (lambda ()
                (mapcar
                 (lambda (face)
                   (set-face-font face
                                  "-*-lucida sans typewriter-medium-*-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
                                  (current-buffer)))
                 '(default bold term-underline-face
                 font-lock-function-name-face font-lock-type-face
                 font-lock-variable-name-face font-lock-keyword-face))
                (make-face-bold 'bold)
                 )))

I'm also keen to hear better/more general ideas :)

Andrew
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff -                  ajc@bing.wattle.id.au    (PGP/MIME ok)
  +61 3 9905 1165 (bh)                   http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~ajc