From: Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Agent things
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 13:07:34 +0100	[thread overview]

larsi@gnus.org said:
> Yes...  but there are some elements (like "thread" and "body") that
> can't be used in Agent score files.  Hm.  Perhaps the scoring code
> could just ignore those elements while downloading.

That would probably do.

> There needs to be a way to control whether Gnus should use the normal
> scoring files or the Agent score files when deciding what to
> download, though.

"Or"??  I want it to use both, and the normal scoring files should have a
lower priority than the agent score files.  There are many newsgroups that I
mostly just scan, reading the occasional article (heck, that's all of them, I
think).  I'd like to be able to tell the agent to get all short articles (or
maybe all short, not too crossposted articles), whilst at the same time using
the normal score files so if there's a longer article by an author I like,
it'll get that.

Hmm.  Maybe that could all be rolled into the normal scoring rules.  I think
the way you've got it at the moment makes sense, though: deciding what
articles to get is logically different (although closely related) to deciding
what articles I'm likely to want to read.