* Re: Can't select nnfolder ? What does it mean
@ 1997-12-17  8:17 w. suika roberts
From: w. suika roberts @ 1997-12-17  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Interesting. When I used G f to the same folder then Gnus could read it ok.
> The mystery is why doesn't nnfolder backend read it?

nnfolder needs the
header lines in each mail in order to read them properly.
Then it needs to have the active file for each group to have the proper range,
(I tried several times to just specify the number of articles before I figured
that out ^^; )

HTH,
	Suika
--
                        wroberts@tvi.cc.nm.us
``Literature is the lie that tells the truth...''

* Re: Can't select nnfolder ? What does it mean
@ 1997-12-17  9:31       ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-12-17  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jari> Interesting. When I used G f to the same folder then Gnus
  Jari> could read it ok.  The mystery is why doesn't nnfolder backend
  Jari> read it?

Doesn't nnfolder insert additional info, such as a Gnus-Article-Number
header and the like?

--
Kai Grossjohann, Informatik VI        grossjohann@ls6.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Uni Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund        http://ls6-www.cs.uni-dortmund.de/

* Re: Can't select nnfolder ? What does it mean
@ 1997-12-17  8:01     ` jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1997-12-17  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

 97-12-16 Greg Thompson <gregt@visix.com> list.ding
| >"KG" == Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
|
|   KG> Try using G f to create a doc group.  Does that work?  If you
|   KG> can read it, create an empty nnmbox or nnfolder group and use B
|   KG> c to copy the messages into the new empty group.
|
| i used the nnfolder command to kickstart...
| it missed a whole lot of stuff (like
| considered a few messages in a row to be the same message and such).
| opening the file via nndoc...then copying..

Interesting. When I used G f to the same folder then Gnus could read it ok.
The mystery is why doesn't nnfolder backend read it?

jari

* Re: Can't select nnfolder ? What does it mean
@ 1997-12-16 16:55   ` Greg Thompson
From: Greg Thompson @ 1997-12-16 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

>"KG" == Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

  KG> Try using G f to create a doc group.  Does that work?  If you
  KG> can read it, create an empty nnmbox or nnfolder group and use B
  KG> c to copy the messages into the new empty group.

fwiw: a while ago when i was converting from using plain-jane mail
files for my mail archives to using nnfolder groups, i found that when
i used the nnfolder command to kickstart the folder with a file (don't
remember what it was now), it missed a whole lot of stuff (like
considered a few messages in a row to be the same message and such).
opening the file via nndoc, selecting all messages, and then copying
them all into the nnfolder group took a while, but did the trick.
--
		-greg				 gauge my speed by the
					      number of flares sent to

* Re: Can't select nnfolder ? What does it mean
@ 1997-12-16 16:05 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-12-16 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jari>     What's the next thing to check, I killed the group and
  Jari>     tried recreating it and the same happens. Couple of
  Jari>     messages are included to the attachement. Is there a
  Jari>     format problem somewhere?

The mbox format seems OK, except for the "))" and ")" and "((".

Try using G f to create a doc group.  Does that work?  If you can read
it, create an empty nnmbox or nnfolder group and use B c to copy the

@ 1997-12-16 14:23 jari.aalto
From: jari.aalto @ 1997-12-16 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

    I had old RMAIL file which I converted back to regular mailbox
    format with M-x unrmail. Next I tried to read it with Gnus
    nnfolder/group.mbx.

    Gnus tells me "Can't select group"

Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1))4 06:37:3) GMT
To: jaalto@tre.tele.nokia.fi
From: Majordomo@world.std.com
Subject: Welcome to flamenco

-Eileen
ecb@world.std.com
dancers-archive@world.std.com
flamenco-request@world.std.com

An additional source of flamenco & related information is the med-dance
mailing list. It covers the various Mediterranean dance types,
including any of the folkloric dances from countries that, for the
most part have a coast on the Mediterranean Sea.  With that in mind,
med-dance would be an additional place to discuss flamenco as well as
other types of Spanish dance, as well as belly dance and the various
Middle Eastern folkloric dances, along with Greek dancing.

Date: Tue, ( Nov 1))4 07:53:22 -0(00
From: ediaz@eagle.arc.nasa.gov
To: flamenco@world.std.com
Subject: Flamenco Connection

Flamenco fans!
CD's, Books & Videos

flamenco guitar & cante  Sevillans & rumbas
Andalusian Rock  spanish pop  folk traditions
old flamenco  new fusions  spanish classics
anthologies  soundtracks & novelties

call, fax or write for free catalog
P.O. Box 76, fall church, VA 22046
Tel./ Fax: 87039 533-3215