* Problems with Topics
@ 1998-03-28 12:01 Stefanie Teufel
From: Stefanie Teufel @ 1998-03-28 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Gnus-Experts,

recently my topics don't seem to like me anymore. I created several
topics with "T n" and sorted my subscribed groups with "T m" under the
topics to fit my needs. But Gnus just remembers the right place from my
mailfolders and seems to forget about the newsgroups. They appear
unsorted under the topic "gnus". When I put them back under the topic
they belong to and leave gnus with "q", the next time I start gnus
everything is under the topic "gnus" again. I've already checked the
permissions of my .newsrc.eld File and they are correct. I'm also quite
convinced that the File is read by gnus, because the timestamp changes
when I leave gnus. My next attempt to solve the problem was to delete
"gnus-topic-topology" and "gnus-topic-alist". After that, gnus
remembered it once to forget about it the next time.

I feel so stupid, because that doesn't seem to be a big problem, but it
is driving me crazy. Has anyone any idea except the suggestion to
delete my .newsrc.eld?

Stefanie, stupid and desperate

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-03-28 12:01 UTC | newest]