From: Conrad Sauerwald <conrad@lush.stack.nl>
Subject: Re: text/enriched?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:15:37 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 09:36:07AM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

>   Bill> Lars - when you feel satisfied that your changes to mm.el are
>   Bill> settling down, send me a copy and I'll update the Emacs/W3
>   Bill> version, and we can split it out into it's own distribution or
>   Bill> something like that.
>
> I was being afraid that having w3 before gnus in my load-path might
> clobber Lars' changes to mm.el, but then (pgnus 0.31) I found out that
> Gnus does not seem to contain a mm.el.  So, has Lars dissected mm.el
> and split it into several smaller files, so that there's no conflict?
> Or what happened?

That was my mistake, about which Lars already told me, so I'll quickly
apologise for messing up this audiences beliefs wear a guilt cloth and
repeat the reality of things:
Gnus uses mailcap.el which is based on mm.el, but since this was changed
from pgnus 0.24 to 0.25, idiot me didn't notice this happening in the
patch file and ever since that mm.el hangs around without function.
Maybe a Changelog message about obsoleted files isn't such a luxury
after all, although it might have been there and I completely ignored
it or something ..

--
Conrad Sauerwald   + www.stack.nl/%7Econrad/  + The signal is frail, an  _
conrad(at)stack.nl + conrad(at)terra.stack.nl + imprint of what you do. (_URVE