From: "Edward J. Sabol" <sabol@alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: OFFTOPIC:  Where do you get your elisp?
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:55:41 -0400 (EDT)	[thread overview]

Excerpts from mail: (04-Aug-99) Re: OFFTOPIC:  Where do you get your elisp? by luis fernandes
> How about OCEAN ?

That rocks! Best recommendation yet, IMHO.

My second choice would be CELAN. (CEAN just isn't pronounceable in an obvious
way. CANE works, but I think it is a little boring.)

> We'll have to think of something for the 'O' to stand for (I think
> this is what is known as a retronym).

How about Omnipresent? But unless there are a lot of mirrors, that could be
false advertisement. Perhaps some other word with an "omni-" prefix?

Unfortunately, the ocean.org domain is already taken, but possibly not in
active use? celan.org and cane.org are both available for the taking.

I think if we do go the CPAN-like route that we could reuse a significant
portion of the code the CPAN folks use for mirroring and administration.

It looks like someone is trying to get an archive going on ftp.emacs.org.
Probably should get in contact with that person and/or other FSF people to
get their blessing and support.

Hoping this takes off,
Ed