* Incorrect E-Mail address
@ 1999-11-15 14:28 Pieter Wenk
From: Pieter Wenk @ 1999-11-15 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello to all:

Soem NG reader's did bring it to my attention, that my header
with the E-Mail address is incorrect.

They are correct. It shows, p.wenk@, should however read
pwenk@ i.e. without "."

Now I have a corresponding entry in /etc/mail/genericstable
worded:

p.wenk		pwenk@urbanet.ch

which is correct.

Does gnus not recognize this entry ?

What's wrong ?

Regards
--

                           / /  (_)____ __ ____  __
      Pieter Wenk         / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  Vevey/Switzerland

* Re: Incorrect E-Mail address
@ 1999-11-15 14:50 ` Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 1999-11-15 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Pieter Wenk <pwenk@urbanet.ch> writes:

> Soem NG reader's did bring it to my attention, that my header
> with the E-Mail address is incorrect.

[...]

> Now I have a corresponding entry in /etc/mail/genericstable
> worded:

The genericstable (part of sendmail's config) isn't used for news.
But it seems to be working fine for email.

Don't hit a man when he's down -- kick him; it's easier.

* Re: Incorrect E-Mail address
@ 1999-11-15 15:12 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-11-15 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pieter Wenk <pwenk@urbanet.ch> writes:

> They are correct. It shows, p.wenk@, should however read
> pwenk@ i.e. without "."

FWIW, I see "pwenk" not "p.wenk".

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser

* Re: Re: Incorrect E-Mail address
@ 1999-11-15 22:41   ` Pieter Wenk
From: Pieter Wenk @ 1999-11-15 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On lun, 15 nov 1999, Kai Großjohann wrote:

Hello Kai

>> They are correct. It shows, p.wenk@, should however read
>> pwenk@ i.e. without "."
>
>FWIW, I see "pwenk" not "p.wenk".

With E-Mail, yes this works. Bur under news no.
Kai, you are also watching the different gnus NG.

Have a look at my header....It is with "p.wenk",
and this is wrong.

Peoples interested in replying with a direct mail
in using the reply features will get a bounced
back mail.

Now, I guess under news genericstable entries
are not working. Fine, but I guess this can be
corrected in .gnus ?

What kind of entry ?

Regards
--

@ 1999-11-15 23:02     ` Alan Shutko
From: Alan Shutko @ 1999-11-15 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Pieter Wenk <pwenk@urbanet.ch> writes:

> Now, I guess under news genericstable entries
> are not working. Fine, but I guess this can be
> corrected in .gnus ?

(setq user-mail-address "pwenk@urbanet.ch")

A lifetime isn't nearly long enough to figure out what it's all about.