From: Pieter Wenk <pwenk@urbanet.ch>
Subject: Function definition wrong
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:25:44 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello to all,

When hitting "F" follow-up message I am getting:

Symbol's function definition is void: sc-header-author wrote (header 8)

Below please find my entry in ~/.gnus with regards to this
message:

;;*===========================================================
;;*                     Super-Cite Settings:
;;*===========================================================
;:*=======================
;:*  List of reference header rewrite functions
(setq sc-rewrite-header-list
;;(defvar sc-rewrite-header-list
  '((sc-no-header)
    (sc-no-blank-line-or-header)
    (sc-header-inarticle-wrote)
    (sc-header-verbose)
    (sc-header-on-said)
    (sc-header-regarding-adds)
    (sc-header-attributed-wrote)
    (sc-header-schrieb-am)
    (sc-header-author-wrote)
    (sc-header-attributed-schrieb-am)
    )
;;  "*List of reference header rewrite functions. The variable
;;  `sc-preferred-header-style' controls which function in this list is
;;  chosen for automatic reference header insertions. Electric reference
;;  mode will cycle through this list of functions."

  )
;:*=======================
;:* Specifies what to use as the attribution string.
(setq sc-preferred-attribution-list
      (list
       '"sc-header-schrieb-am"
       "sc-header-author-wrote"
       "sc-header-regarding-adds"
       "sc-header-on-said"
       "firstname"
       "emailname"
       "sc-header-attributed-schrieb-am"
       "lastname"
       )
      )
;; Set some functions
;; citing function which performs the initial citation.
(autoload 'sc-cite-original     "supercite" "Supercite 3.1" t)
;; submit a bug report on Supercite via mail
(autoload 'sc-submit-bug-report "supercite" "Supercite 3.1" t)
;; modifying a citation just inserted in the mail buffer
(add-hook 'mail-citation-hook 'sc-cite-original)
;; hook which gets run once after Supercite loads.
(add-hook 'sc-load-hook 'sc-setup-filladapt)
;; function for citing an original message
(setq message-cite-function 'sc-cite-original)
(setq news-reply-header-hook nil)
 ;; always confirm attribution string before citing text body
(setq
 sc-confirm-always-p          nil
 )
;; index into `sc-rewrite-header-list' specifying preferred header style
(setq
 sc-preferred-header-style    8
 )
;; if non-nil, automatically fill each paragraph after it has been cited
(setq
 sc-auto-fill-region-p        nil
 )
;; if non-nil, delete all leading white space before citing
(setq
 sc-fixup-whitespace-p        t
 )
;; use electric references if non-nil
(setq
 sc-electric-references-p     t
 )
;; if non-nil, put a citation on blank lines
(setq
 sc-cite-blank-lines-p        nil
 )
;; whether to use nested or non-nested citation style
(setq
 sc-nested-citation-p         t
 )
;; The "citation leader".  The citation leader is contained in the
;; variable `sc-citation-leader', and has the default value of a
;; string containing four spaces.
(setq
 sc-citation-leader           ""
 )
;; The "citation separator".  The citation separator is contained in
;; the variable `sc-citation-separator', and has the default value of
;; a string containing a single space.
(setq
 sc-citation-separator        " "
 )
;; string used at the beginning of built-in reference headers
(setq
 sc-reference-tag-string      "* "
 )
;; The "citation delimiter".  This string, contained in the variable
;; `sc-citation-delimiter' visually separates the citation from the
;; text of the line.  This variable has a default value of `">"' and
;; for best results, the string should consist of only a single
;; character.
(setq
 sc-citation-delimiter        "> "
 )
;;  End Supercite Settings

Kai advised me to put:

(setq sc-rewrite-header-list
;;(defvar sc-rewrite-header-list

instead of (defvar concerning the above entry.

Did I write this incorrectly as I am still getting this
error message ?

I am not as yet familar with lisp.

BTW: What does exactly mean " Electric reference
;;  mode will cycle through this list of functions."

Should this allow selecting as exemple, that in
any follow-up message I could choose as exemple:
-schrieb-am or author wrote etc. ?

Furthemore, I found out, that in my answering
messages my header does not mention the xemacs/gnus
versions I am using.

Why ?

Many thanks for your help

Regards

--

      Pieter Wenk         / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  Vevey/Switzerland