Hello, I am interested in using Gnus as a mail reader. I have tried to setup a simple .gnus file that will retrieve my mail via POP3 and sort it into various groups. My mail is retrieved (at least Gnus says it is retrieved) but when I enter a group to read the new messages something very weird happens. I do not see the new messages. Instead messages that I have already seen and marked as read ('r') show up. If I have retrieved five messages I will see three "new" messages in one group and 2 "new" messages in another group. However in each case the messages are ones I have already read and I can't find my new messages. I am using XEmacs 21.1.9 (I think. XEmacs 21.1.something at any rate.) I am using Gnus 5.8.3. My .gnus file is included below. I appreciate any help. later, joseph -- the "LaterDude" ICQ: 52640402 martinja@ice-works.com http://www.ice-works.com/personal/LaterDude/index.html All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer unless otherwise noted.