* Where are my mails ?
@ 2000-04-27 20:06 Shigeki Uno
From: Shigeki Uno @ 2000-04-27 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I mangage to operate Gnus-5.8.5 cvs as of April 27th JST.
But regardless of sending mails to ding mailing list properly,
I couldn't recieve them via ding mailing list. :-(

My mails seems like going away somewhere. In fact, I send 2 mails
with Gnus-5.8.5 (Those're "Solved. XXX" & "Strange NOV line (N)" in
subject), but never recieved via ding mailing list. I waited for about
24 hours but in vain. So I send them again with "mew". That was OK.

It seems that ding users but me can post mails properly.

Has anyone experienced the above ?

---
Shigeki Uno

* Re: Where are my mails ?
@ 2000-04-27 20:22 ` Kai Großjohann
       [not found]   ` <86ln1zqkwo.fsf@nana.mediawars.ne.jp>
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-27 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp> writes:

> My mails seems like going away somewhere. In fact, I send 2 mails
> with Gnus-5.8.5 (Those're "Solved. XXX" & "Strange NOV line (N)" in
> subject), but never recieved via ding mailing list.

Note that Gnus can suppress duplicates.  If you send yourself a copy
of each message (using the Gcc header, for example), and then mark
that copy as read, then later receive the copy via the mailing list,
that second copy will be deleted silently.

There are variable gnus-suppress-duplicates and
nnmail-treat-duplicates which have an effect.

Could this be it?

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.

* Re: Where are my mails ?
       [not found]   ` <86ln1zqkwo.fsf@nana.mediawars.ne.jp>
@ 2000-04-27 21:49     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-04-27 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp> writes:

> # I wish this mail could be sent properly.

I got your message just fine.

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.