[Karl Eichwalder] > On my US keyboard both keys showing "accents" are not symmetrical: > `...'. Neither on mine, actually. So, the keycaps are not showing ASCII. Anyway, I would not take the keyboard, your or mine, as a reference. > Using ISO-8859-1 these are the symmetrical accents: `...´ (where ´ > is 8bit). Using a recent xterm with recents fonts this is visible. I do not remember the text of ISO 8859-1, nor if it addresses that problem. I'm using ETL fonts, which do something sensible. I'm including a picture of a small part of this message composition buffer...