* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
       [not found] ` <864rt6ufq1.fsf@hel.bp.aventail.com>
@ 2001-06-25 21:25   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                       ` (3 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-06-25 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:

> C'mon - where is the itinerary?

You mean tour dates for the Lars 2001 Pan-American Tour?  :-)

> If you are in the seattle, new york, or indiana area, you are
> guaranteed beer from at least this happy gnus user. :)

I'm starting in Montreal, and I'm ending up in San Diego.  And I'm
driving.  And that's really the extent of my plans so far.  :-)  And if
I get bored with driving (Road Movie! Road Movie!), I'll fly to the
West Coast.

It'd be great to meat up with people...  I'll be hooked up for email
most of the way, I think...

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-06-26 22:34     ` luis fernandes
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: luis fernandes @ 2001-06-26 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

    larsi> I'm starting in Montreal, and I'm ending up in San Diego.
Toronto is somewhere along the way there!

    larsi> And I'm driving.  And that's really the extent of my plans
    larsi> so far.  :-) And if I get bored with driving (Road Movie!
    larsi> Road Movie!), I'll fly to the West Coast.

The last time one of my colleagues drove to the West Coast through
mid-Canada, his car was attacked by a herd of Elk (or some such
Gnuish animal)!

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-06-26 22:51     ` John H. Palmieri
From: John H. Palmieri @ 2001-06-26 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> It'd be great to meat up with people...
                   ^^^^

I'm a vegetarian, so you'd have to count me out.

--
J. H. Palmieri
Dept of Mathematics, Box 354350    mailto:palmieri@math.washington.edu

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-06-27 14:34     ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2001-06-27 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> I'm starting in Montreal, and I'm ending up in San Diego.  And
Lars> I'm driving.  And that's really the extent of my plans so far.
Lars> :-) And if I get bored with driving (Road Movie! Road Movie!),
Lars> I'll fly to the West Coast.

Work it carefully, and you could probably find someone to give you a
beer at each stop.  I'll throw in for the Sacramento area in
California if you head down interstate 5 to get to San Diego.

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-06-27 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

luis fernandes <elf@ee.ryerson.ca> writes:

> Toronto is somewhere along the way there!

Indeedy.  Shall I drop you a mail if I'm in the vicinity?   :-)

> The last time one of my colleagues drove to the West Coast through
> mid-Canada, his car was attacked by a herd of Elk (or some such
> Gnuish animal)!

Cool!

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-06-27 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net> writes:

> Work it carefully, and you could probably find someone to give you a
> beer at each stop.  I'll throw in for the Sacramento area in
> California if you head down interstate 5 to get to San Diego.

:-)

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-06-28  2:45         ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-06-28  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Wes Hardaker <wes@hardakers.net> writes:
>
> > Work it carefully, and you could probably find someone to give you a
> > beer at each stop.  I'll throw in for the Sacramento area in
> > California if you head down interstate 5 to get to San Diego.

If you take the scenic route along the coast of CA, you will come
through my town  Santa Barbara  (100 miles north of Los Angeles)
I will not only sponser the beer but will happily get you sloppy
drunk.  Making the rest of your tour a nightmare of safety hazards.

But they also have a local coffee grinding place where you can lay in
a supply of really powerfull French Roast.

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2001-06-28  4:17     ` William M. Perry
                         ` (2 more replies)
From: William M. Perry @ 2001-06-28  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:
>
>> C'mon - where is the itinerary?
>
> You mean tour dates for the Lars 2001 Pan-American Tour?  :-)

Definitely... will you be doing stadium gigs, or a more intimate set of
club appearances? :)

>> If you are in the seattle, new york, or indiana area, you are
>> guaranteed beer from at least this happy gnus user. :)
>
> I'm starting in Montreal, and I'm ending up in San Diego.  And I'm
> driving.  And that's really the extent of my plans so far.  :-) And if I
> get bored with driving (Road Movie! Road Movie!), I'll fly to the West
> Coast.

Hmmm... I could road-trip up to toronto pretty easily... planning on
stopping there?  I can stop and pick anybody along the way from southern
indiana as well. :)  Or if you want to stop in chicago we could probably
find a few people.

I'd say drive all the way across in canada, pick up I5 in Victoria, BC, and
head south from there, picking up highway 101 in southern washington.
Beautiful drive that direction.

I could race you across the US if I have a business trip to seattle about
that time. :)

-bp
--
Ceterum censeo vi esse delendam

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-06-28 18:19       ` Colin Marquardt
From: Colin Marquardt @ 2001-06-28 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:
>>
>>> C'mon - where is the itinerary?
>>
>> You mean tour dates for the Lars 2001 Pan-American Tour?  :-)
>
> Definitely... will you be doing stadium gigs, or a more intimate set of
> club appearances? :)

[...]
> head south from there, picking up highway 101 in southern washington.

Yay, 101! If you are coming through Sonoma County, let me know. Jamie
Zawinski is opening his club in SF at July 13th (www.dnalounge.com),
so that might be worth checking out too.

Colin

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-06-28 18:58       ` Doug Alcorn
From: Doug Alcorn @ 2001-06-28 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:

> Hmmm... I could road-trip up to toronto pretty easily... planning on
> stopping there?  I can stop and pick anybody along the way from southern
> indiana as well. :)  Or if you want to stop in chicago we could probably
> find a few people.

I'm in Cinci.  Depending on dates, I would be willing to Hitch a ride
up to Chicago/Toronto.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-07-04  0:17       ` 'Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: 'Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-07-04  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:

> Definitely... will you be doing stadium gigs, or a more intimate set of
> club appearances? :)

Mostly club appearances so far.  :-)

> Hmmm... I could road-trip up to toronto pretty easily... planning on
> stopping there?  I can stop and pick anybody along the way from southern
> indiana as well. :)  Or if you want to stop in chicago we could probably
> find a few people.

I've done some more planning now, and I think that Chicago would be a
very nice place to meet.  (Or meat.)  I'll probably be arriving in
Chicago sometime early next week -- Monday or Tuesday?  Something like
that...

--
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-07-04 22:18         ` William M. Perry
                             ` (2 more replies)
From: William M. Perry @ 2001-07-04 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"'Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen" <larsi@rusty.gnus.org> writes:

> wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:
>
>> Definitely... will you be doing stadium gigs, or a more intimate set of
>> club appearances? :)
>
> Mostly club appearances so far.  :-)
>
>> Hmmm... I could road-trip up to toronto pretty easily... planning on
>> stopping there?  I can stop and pick anybody along the way from southern
>> indiana as well. :)  Or if you want to stop in chicago we could probably
>> find a few people.
>
> I've done some more planning now, and I think that Chicago would be a
> very nice place to meet.  (Or meat.)  I'll probably be arriving in
> Chicago sometime early next week -- Monday or Tuesday?  Something like
> that...

When will you know for sure?  I can definitely take a day or two off and
road trip up there for beer and pizza.  Gotta have an Unos pizza while you
are in town. :)

Anyone else in the chicago area?

-bp
--

@ 2001-07-04 23:25           ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 2001-07-04 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

[William M. Perry]

Hi, William.  Strange.  I well see your X-Faces, but really do not recognise
you.  Did you get the hair different, or what?  Is it the glasses? :-)

P.S. - Not that my own X-Faces is very resembling either, by the way... :-)

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-07-05  5:43           ` Craig Brozefsky
From: Craig Brozefsky @ 2001-07-05  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen, ding

wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:

> When will you know for sure?  I can definitely take a day or two off and
> road trip up there for beer and pizza.  Gotta have an Unos pizza while you
> are in town. :)
>
> Anyone else in the chicago area?

Me and a couple other gnusheads around the office.  I'm out of town
the 14th-28th of july tho.

--
Craig Brozefsky                             <craig@red-bean.com>
                                  http://www.red-bean.com/~craig

* Re: What I'm Doing For My Summer Holidays
@ 2001-07-06  4:26           ` 'Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: 'Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2001-07-06  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

wmperry@gnu.org (William M. Perry) writes:

> When will you know for sure?  I can definitely take a day or two off and
> road trip up there for beer and pizza.  Gotta have an Unos pizza while you
> are in town. :)

Cool.  I'll be arriving in Chicago on Monday (on the 9th), so Tuesday
would be the day.  :-)

--
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen