* gnus-summary-save-article-maildir ?
@ 2003-02-19 21:07 Graham Guttocks
From: Graham Guttocks @ 2003-02-19 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was looking for a way to save articles to a Maildir.
Gnus seems to support many article saving formats, but
not Maildir. Am I overlooking something?

=====
Regards,
Graham

- Exchange IMs with Messenger friends on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile phone.

* Re: gnus-summary-save-article-maildir ?
@ 2003-02-19 21:12 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2003-02-19 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Graham Guttocks <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
> Gnus seems to support many article saving formats, but
> not Maildir. Am I overlooking something?

Oort Gnus (the development version) has the nnmaildir backend.
<URL:http://www.gnus.org/distribution.html>

paul

* Re: gnus-summary-save-article-maildir ?
@ 2003-02-19 22:25   ` Graham Guttocks
From: Graham Guttocks @ 2003-02-19 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Paul Jarc <prj@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> Oort Gnus (the development version) has the nnmaildir backend.

I'm not looking for another backend, just a way to save an
article into a maildir. Similar to the other gnus-summary-save-article-*
functions, not all of which have corresponding backends.

Is there no way to do what I want to do in Gnus?

=====

@ 2003-02-19 22:43     ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2003-02-19 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Graham Guttocks <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
> I'm not looking for another backend, just a way to save an
> article into a maildir. Similar to the other gnus-summary-save-article-*
> functions, not all of which have corresponding backends.
>
> Is there no way to do what I want to do in Gnus?

Ah, ok.  No one has written such a function yet.

paul

* Re: gnus-summary-save-article-maildir ?
@ 2003-02-20  1:45     ` Michael Alan Dorman
From: Michael Alan Dorman @ 2003-02-20  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Graham Guttocks <graham_guttocks@yahoo.co.nz> writes:
> Paul Jarc <prj@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Oort Gnus (the development version) has the nnmaildir backend.
>
> I'm not looking for another backend, just a way to save an
> article into a maildir. Similar to the other gnus-summary-save-article-*
> functions, not all of which have corresponding backends.
>
> Is there no way to do what I want to do in Gnus?

Errr, it seems to me that you should be asking about "moving this
article to another group" in your maildir space, rather than trying to
"save as maildir format".

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no maildir format for *files*,
just directories and the names of files within them, which Gnus tends
to deal with as groups.

Mike.

* Re: gnus-summary-save-article-maildir ?
@ 2003-02-20  4:33       ` Graham Guttocks
From: Graham Guttocks @ 2003-02-20  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@debian.org> wrote:

> Errr, it seems to me that you should be asking about "moving this
> article to another group" in your maildir space, rather than trying to
> "save as maildir format".

Yes, you are right, "moving" the article does what I want it to.
Just a confusion of terminology. Thanks mate.

=====