* e in Virtual Server Buffer causes duplicates
@ 2003-07-14 13:37 Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2003-07-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

when I define a virtual server, and press "e" and then save the edited
server, I have two server lines in the buffer:

     {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nnimap:imap.web.de} (denied)
     {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened) (agent)
     {nnimap:imap.web.de} (denied)

One of these is read-only, but "edit" should not cause another one to be
added. Saving state and restarting gnus (R from the Group buffer) clears
this condition. Bug?

--
Matthias Andree

* Re: e in Virtual Server Buffer causes duplicates
@ 2003-10-17 21:59 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-10-17 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> writes:

> when I define a virtual server, and press "e" and then save the edited
> server, I have two server lines in the buffer:
>
>      {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
>      {nnimap:imap.web.de} (denied)
>      {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened) (agent)
>      {nnimap:imap.web.de} (denied)
>
> One of these is read-only, but "edit" should not cause another one to be
> added. Saving state and restarting gnus (R from the Group buffer) clears
> this condition. Bug?

Editing an nnvirtual server creates two nnimap servers?

* Re: e in Virtual Server Buffer causes duplicates
@ 2003-10-21  0:17   ` Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2003-10-21  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> when I define a virtual server, and press "e" and then save the edited
>> server, I have two server lines in the buffer:
>>
>>      {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
>>      {nnimap:imap.web.de} (denied)
>>      {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened) (agent)
>>      {nnimap:imap.web.de} (denied)
>>
>> One of these is read-only, but "edit" should not cause another one to be
>> added. Saving state and restarting gnus (R from the Group buffer) clears
>> this condition. Bug?
>
> Editing an nnvirtual server creates two nnimap servers?

Not specific to the type. However, I cannot reproduce the problem with a
somewhat recent (Oct 18) CVS version, so you can safely lay down to
sleep :-)

--
Matthias Andree