From: Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: gnus with Fastmail.fm account
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:46:32 -0400	[thread overview]

On Fri Sep 07, 2007 09:32AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm> writes:
>
> Hi Trey,
>
> > Anyone on the list using a Fastmail.fm IMAP account that can help me
> > with getting gnus setup for me to read my mail?  Especially how I go
> > about looking at the mail in the various folders under my INBOX?
>
> That should be a minimal setup for reading and sending mail.
>
> ,----[ ~/.gnus.el ]
> | ;; Reading mail via IMAP
> | (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> |              '(nnimap "Fastmail"
> |                       (nnimap-address "mail.messagingengine.com")))
> |
> | ;; Sending via Fastmail's SMTP
> | (require 'smtpmail)
> | (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
> |       message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
> |       smtpmail-smtp-server  "mail.messagingengine.com")
> `----
>
> ,----[ ~/.authinfo ]
> | machine mail.messagingengine.com login thorn@fastmail.fm password XXX force yes
> `----
>
> After you did those entries start gnus and hit `^' in the *Group* buffer
> which brings you to the server buffer.  There hit RET on the Fastmail
> server and you enter its groups listing where you can subscribe to
> groups with `u'.
>
> HTH,
> Tassilo

Thanks Tassilo-

That worked for getting to the mail.  The default layout for messages
looks a bit ugly for my taste, so I'll need to read up on how to change
this.  I assume I can also do the things I'm used to in mutt such as
mark messages as important, gpg sign, include citations in the message
body easily, etc.?

Perhaps someone on the list can point me to a nice, heavily-commented
.gnus file from which I can learn and pilfer some of the above? ;-)

--
Cheers,
Trey

HELP!!!! I'm being held prisoner in /usr/games/lib!

Linux fedora7.thesizemores.us 2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 GNU/Linux
 11:43:36 up 2 days, 22:41,  3 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.17, 0.20