* interrupting nnimap doesn't really interrupt it
@ 2008-11-15 21:30 Rémi Letot
From: Rémi Letot @ 2008-11-15 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I'm using gnus to read gmane and imap mail. I recently switched to an
emacs23 snapshot, and noticed some problem with that version of gnus. I
don't know if it was already behaving like that before, and I can't
switch back to check as some internal data format has changed for
gnus.

So to the weird behaviour : when I interrupt a time consuming task for
nnimap with C-g (like expiring mail in a big nnimap group) with C-g, it
seems nnimap continues the operation in the background. I can't use any
nnimap operation as long as it has not finished what it was doing. So
for example hitting g to refresh my groups will hang when it tries to
get info from nnimap. Entering an imap group will hang as well,...

Is this the expected behaviour ?

Thanks,
--
Rémi