I have the situation at the moment of when I open a group in gnus to read the summary pane and the message pane both show in a window to the right of my group pane. I can read about two messages and then the debugger shows in the left window, and gnus and emacs lock up such that I have to kill emacs to regain control. This means that atm, I can't use gnus for reading my emails. Can anyone help me get out of this situation please? Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.1