From: "Roland Winkler" <winkler@gnu.org>
To: Mitchel Humpherys <mitch.special@gmail.com>
Cc: bbdb-info@lists.sourceforge.net, ding@gnus.org
Subject: [BBDB] ChangeLog 2012-09-8 (bbdb-ignore-message-alist)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 14:20:02 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sat Sep 8 2012 Roland Winkler wrote:
> Gnus has two functions for accessing headers of a message,
> gnus-fetch-field and gnus-fetch-original-field. The latter uses
> gnus-original-article-buffer. I do not know which buffer the former
> function is using. Only gnus-original-article-buffer contains the
> X-* headers you want to access. But BBDB currently uses
> gnus-fetch-field to access the headers of a Gnus message. So that's
> why BBDB believes the messages had no X-* headers.

I found a thread from last year on essentially the same question
that died at some point, see in particular

 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/78741

So I replaced the call of gnus-fetch-field by
gnus-fetch-original-field.  Let me know if now
bbdb-ignore-message-alist works for you as expected.

2012-09-08  Roland Winkler  <winkler@gnu.org>
	* lisp/bbdb-mua.el (bbdb-message-header): Use
	gnus-fetch-original-field so that bbdb-select-message does not get
	fooled by an apparent absence of some headers.

BBDB is available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb/
To check it out, use
git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/bbdb.git