Reiner Steib wrote: > BTW, Emacs' `tool-bar.el' (and `message.el') doesn't use > `kill-region', `yank', ... but the wrapper functions `clipboard-*' > from `menu-bar.el': (lookup-key menu-bar-edit-menu [cut]). I'm nor > sure in which scenario (or on which platform) this is important. Note that on my system, (lookup-key menu-bar-edit-menu [paste]) returns x-clipboard-yank. However, while it would be nice to use the same function that tool-bar.el uses to obtain the appropriate function from menu-bar.el, our tool bar code (currently) only entertains symbols. So for now, I'm using clipboard-kill-region, clipboard-kill-ring-save, and clipboard-yank. > > I think I should try your separator... Hmmm, the separator in the GNOME tool bars looks a lot better. I modified your separator to look more like the GNOME separator. Do you mind if I check in my version of separator.xpm? Yours: