* Warning against accidental downgrading
@ 2004-10-05  8:54 Jouni K Seppanen
From: Jouni K Seppanen @ 2004-10-05  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was recently switching back and forth between Gnus 5.10.2 and 5.10.6
without realizing it (using Gnus on two different computers, one of
which got upgraded). I just noticed that some messages that I sent or
read in the older version were not visible in the newer version.
`gnus-agent-regenerate' seems to have fixed that problem (the Agent
wasn't enabled by default in 5.10.2), but I have a suggestion to
prevent future problems: when Gnus is starting up, if it notices that
.newsrc.eld was written by a newer version of Gnus, it should at least
warn the user. Of course, this wouldn't help with existing older
versions, but might be useful in the future.

--
Jouni K Seppänen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-05  8:54 UTC | newest]