* EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-04-29  0:09 Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-04-29  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding, wk

Hello,

Let me announce the initial release of EasyPG, yet another GnuPG
interface for Emacs.  It consists of two parts:

* "The EasyPG Assistant", a GUI frontend of GnuPG
* "The EasyPG Library", a library to interact with GnuPG

The EasyPG Assistant provides the following features:

    * Cryptographic operations are usable from dired mode.
    * Keyring management interface.
    * Transparent encryption/decryption of *.gpg files.

The EasyPG Library provides the following features:

    * The API covers most functions of GnuPG.
    * Designed to avoid potential security pitfalls around Emacs.

EasyPG is available from http://www.easypg.org/
NOTE: EasyPG is neither a fork nor a re-implementation of PGG.  It can
be usable as a PGG backend.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

[-- Attachment #2: S/MIME Digital Signature --]

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-04-29  3:26 ` Steve Youngs
From: Steve Youngs @ 2006-04-29  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> writes:

  > Let me announce the initial release of EasyPG, yet another GnuPG
  > interface for Emacs.

I love it!  Works great in SXEmacs.  I can't wait for the rest of the
GnuPG command set to be implemented. :-)

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                 I am Dyslexic of Borg.                   |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 257 bytes --]

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-04-30 10:42   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-30 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Youngs <steve@sxemacs.org> writes:

> I love it!  Works great in SXEmacs.  I can't wait for the rest of the
> GnuPG command set to be implemented. :-)

Speaking of gpg, `pgg-verify-region' makes Gnus flash when reading
signed messages.  Is there a way to disable buffer display updates
while calling a function?  I seem to remember there being a variable
to bind or something, but I can't seem to find it now.

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-10 13:14 ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-05-10 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

   DU> Hello,
   DU> Let me announce the initial release of EasyPG, yet another GnuPG
   DU> interface for Emacs.  It consists of two parts:

Hello

Thanks for that. I tried for a long time to implement the feature to
encrypt/decrypt files in dired mode. Thanks again!

There are 2 problems:

    -  The README file  talks about (or M-x epg-dired-do-encrypt),
       however I only have (M-x epa-dired-do-encrypt) so I think this
       is a typo.

    -  More seriously how to include epg into gnus. According to the
       webpage, this is done by
       (setq pgg-scheme 'epg)
       however when I then want to sign a message, I obtain an error
       which I attach.

What is the problem?

Uwe Brauer

[-- Attachment #2: epg-bug --]

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "pgg-epg")
  load-internal("pgg-epg" nil t nil nil nil)
  load("pgg-epg" nil t nil)
  apply(load ("pgg-epg" nil t nil))
  dired-handler-fn(load "pgg-epg" nil t nil)
  load-internal("pgg-epg" nil t nil nil nil)
  load("pgg-epg" nil t nil)
  si:require(pgg-epg nil)
  require(pgg-epg)
  pgg-invoke("sign-region" epg 1 2 nil nil)
  pgg-sign-region(1 2)
  mml2015-pgg-sign((part (sign . "pgpmime") (tag-location . 453) (contents . "")))
  mml2015-sign((part (sign . "pgpmime") (tag-location . 453) (contents . "")))
  mml-pgpmime-sign-buffer((part (sign . "pgpmime") (tag-location . 453) (contents . "")))
  mml-generate-mime-1((part (sign . "pgpmime") (tag-location . 453) (contents . "")))
  mml-generate-mime()
  message-encode-message-body()
  message-send-mail(nil)
  message-send-via-mail(nil)
  message-send(nil)
  message-send-and-exit(nil)
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit)
  recursive-edit()
  byte-code("..." [buffer-read-only noninteractive debugger-buffer middlestart debugger-args debugger-batch-max-lines pop-to-buffer debugger-mode debugger-setup-buffer count-lines 2 "...\n" message buffer-string kill-emacs debug backtrace-debug 3 t debugger-reenable "" nil recursive-edit standard-output] 3)
  debug(error (error "Object type has no properties" (lambda nil find-file "~/tex/publicationen/technion-karmiel/add/moser-broken.tex")))
  first-unscrollable-command-p()
  scroll-up(nil)
  scroll-up-command(nil)
  call-interactively(scroll-up-command)

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-11  1:45   ` Daiki Ueno
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-05-11  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hello,

> There are 2 problems:

>     -  The README file  talks about (or M-x epg-dired-do-encrypt),
>        however I only have (M-x epa-dired-do-encrypt) so I think this
>        is a typo.

Thanks.  I corrected this in CVS.
The next version will be released on May 29th.

>     -  More seriously how to include epg into gnus. According to the
>        webpage, this is done by
>        (setq pgg-scheme 'epg)
>        however when I then want to sign a message, I obtain an error
>        which I attach.

> [2 epg-bug <application/octet-stream (base64)>]
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "pgg-epg")

You need to download and install pgg-epg.el from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/epg/20001/pgg-epg.el

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-11  6:29     ` Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2006-05-11  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:
> Hello,

[...]
>>     -  More seriously how to include epg into gnus. According to the
>>        webpage, this is done by
>>        (setq pgg-scheme 'epg)
>>        however when I then want to sign a message, I obtain an error
>>        which I attach.
>
>> [2 epg-bug <application/octet-stream (base64)>]
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "pgg-epg")
>
> You need to download and install pgg-epg.el from
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/epg/20001/pgg-epg.el

Well, there still is the problem that this version of pgg-epg.el
is not compatible to the cvs version of gnus / pgg. On my No gnus 0.4
I get a message saying that pgg-text-mode wasn't defined. This problem
doesn't occur when using gnus 5.11 bundled with emacs 22.

Regards.

Elias

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-11  7:06       ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-05-11  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> >> [2 epg-bug <application/octet-stream (base64)>]
> >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "pgg-epg")
> >
> > You need to download and install pgg-epg.el from
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/epg/20001/pgg-epg.el

> Well, there still is the problem that this version of pgg-epg.el
> is not compatible to the cvs version of gnus / pgg. On my No gnus 0.4
> I get a message saying that pgg-text-mode wasn't defined. This problem
> doesn't occur when using gnus 5.11 bundled with emacs 22.

The current released version of No gnus is 0.5 and the CVS version
claims that it is 0.6.  pgg-text-mode is defined in both of them.  Are
you using a bit older version?

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-11  8:00     ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2006-05-11  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Uwe Brauer, ding

Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> writes:

> Hello,

>> There are 2 problems:
>
>>     -  The README file  talks about (or M-x epg-dired-do-encrypt),
>>        however I only have (M-x epa-dired-do-encrypt) so I think this
>>        is a typo.
>
> Thanks.  I corrected this in CVS.
> The next version will be released on May 29th.
>
>>     -  More seriously how to include epg into gnus. According to the
>>        webpage, this is done by
>>        (setq pgg-scheme 'epg)
>>        however when I then want to sign a message, I obtain an error
>>        which I attach.
>
>> [2 epg-bug <application/octet-stream (base64)>]
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "pgg-epg")
>
> You need to download and install pgg-epg.el from
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/epg/20001/pgg-epg.el

Should we add pgg-epg.el to Gnus CVS?  Would you want to maintain it
there?  Generally, I think it would be excellent if you could take
care of PGG in Gnus CVS, I don't have enough spare time to be a good
maintainer of it.

Come to think of it... any plans to make EasyPG part of Emacs?  It
seems like a very nice package, and seem to enable us to support
S/MIME from Gnus through GnuPG too.

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-11  8:03         ` Elias Oltmanns
From: Elias Oltmanns @ 2006-05-11  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> > You need to download and install pgg-epg.el from
>> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/epg/20001/pgg-epg.el
>
>> Well, there still is the problem that this version of pgg-epg.el
>> is not compatible to the cvs version of gnus / pgg. On my No gnus 0.4
>> I get a message saying that pgg-text-mode wasn't defined. This problem
>> doesn't occur when using gnus 5.11 bundled with emacs 22.
>
> The current released version of No gnus is 0.5 and the CVS version
> claims that it is 0.6.  pgg-text-mode is defined in both of them.  Are
> you using a bit older version?

As I said, I'm using No gnus 0.4. When I found the difference between
this version and v5.11 as described before, I assumed that there had
been a general change. Sorry for not checking the current cvs before
making noise. And before somebody complains about me fuzzing about No
gnus 0.4: No, I'm not strictly referring to the original 0.4 release
but to the packaged version in Dapper.

Regards,

Elias

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-11 14:48     ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2006-05-11 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

   DU> Hello,

   DU> You need to download and install pgg-epg.el from
   DU> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.jp/epg/20001/pgg-epg.el

Thanks I did that, but then, when I signed, successfully, a message, I
can't see a difference to the old, no pgg-epg interface. Or what do I
miss?

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 306 bytes --]

* Re: EasyPG 0.0.1, yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs
@ 2006-05-12  4:23       ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-05-12  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding