* Re: Whishlist: nndbx/nnoutlook - or does it exist?
       [not found] <wtnitu7wl72.fsf@sennet.dtek.chalmers.se>
@ 2000-07-16 22:46 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2000-07-16 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> I would be *quite* handy if Gnus could (at least) read MS Outlook
> Express mailboxes (.dbx). There exist a perl program that converts
> them to folders if someone needs a push in the right
> direction. (Sorry, don't know the URL but I think it exist on CPAN.)
>
> Or does this feature already exist?

A new feature is committed into the CVS repository.  It is not a new
backend, but a type of the nndoc backend.  To read a MS Outlook
Express mailbox, type `G f /path/mailbox.mdx'.

I only investigated one version of Outlook mailbox. If you know other
variants, please fix nndoc-outlook-type-p.

ShengHuo

@ 2000-07-16  8:19 ` Cyrille Lefevre
From: Cyrille Lefevre @ 2000-07-16  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:

> I would be *quite* handy if Gnus could (at least) read MS Outlook
> Express mailboxes (.dbx). There exist a perl program that converts
> them to folders if someone needs a push in the right
> direction. (Sorry, don't know the URL but I think it exist on CPAN.)

I try it some month ago and today. it doesn't handle well at all .dbx files.
the pointer is : http://mbx2mbox.sourceforge.net and requires :
http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/Date/DateManip-5.39.tar.gz

> Or does this feature already exist?

Cyrille.