* configure hangs with latest cvs
@ 2001-09-27 17:29 Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2001-09-27 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

When I pull the latest version of gnus out of cvs and run configure,
it hangs at the step "checking for commercial fonts..."  Apparently,
it's waiting for some type of input, because if I hit C-d a few times,
it continues on its way.  I tried specifying --without-fonts to
configure, but I still run into the same problem.  It looks like the
calls to latex in the configure script are requiring some type of
input...  Does anyone know how to fix this?

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul             /\/     "how young are you, how old am i?
emerick@cs.bu.edu         /\/      let's count the rings around my eyes."
------------------------------------------------- 'i will dare', the mats

* Re: configure hangs with latest cvs
@ 2001-09-27 18:07 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-09-27 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I pull the latest version of gnus out of cvs and run configure,
> it hangs at the step "checking for commercial fonts..."  Apparently,
> it's waiting for some type of input, because if I hit C-d a few times,
> it continues on its way.  I tried specifying --without-fonts to
> configure, but I still run into the same problem.  It looks like the
> calls to latex in the configure script are requiring some type of
> input...  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Probably it is fixed now. Please try again.

ShengHuo

* Re: configure hangs with latest cvs
@ 2001-09-27 18:22   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 2001-09-27 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU writes:

: Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:
:: Hi,
::
:: When I pull the latest version of gnus out of cvs and run configure,
:: it hangs at the step "checking for commercial fonts..."  Apparently,
:: it's waiting for some type of input, because if I hit C-d a few times,
:: it continues on its way.  I tried specifying --without-fonts to
:: configure, but I still run into the same problem.  It looks like the
:: calls to latex in the configure script are requiring some type of
:: input...  Does anyone know how to fix this?

: Probably it is fixed now. Please try again.

That fixed it, thanks!

@ 2001-09-27 20:12   ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2001-09-27 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I pull the latest version of gnus out of cvs and run configure,
>> it hangs at the step "checking for commercial fonts..."  Apparently,
>> it's waiting for some type of input, because if I hit C-d a few times,
>> it continues on its way.  I tried specifying --without-fonts to
>> configure, but I still run into the same problem.  It looks like the
>> calls to latex in the configure script are requiring some type of
>> input...  Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Probably it is fixed now. Please try again.

It might also be a good idea to change the wording to non-free or
proprietary instead of commercial.

>From <URL:http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html>

Please don't use ``commercial'' as a synonym for ``non-free''. That
confuses two entirely different issues.

A program is commercial if it is developed as a business activity. A
commercial program can be free or non-free, depending on its
license. Likewise, a program developed by a school or an individual can
be free or non-free, depending on its license. The two questions, what
sort of entity developed the program and what freedom its users have,
are independent.

Henrik
--
Look!  A ladder!  Maybe it leads to heaven, or a sandwich!

* Re: configure hangs with latest cvs
@ 2001-09-27 21:10     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-09-27 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg <henrik@enberg.org> writes:

[...]

> It might also be a good idea to change the wording to non-free or
> proprietary instead of commercial.
>
>>>From <URL:http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html>
>
> Please don't use ``commercial'' as a synonym for ``non-free''. That
> confuses two entirely different issues.

Good point. Let's say "checking for available fonts".

ShengHuo