* How to make C-x m respect `gnus-message-archive-group'?
@ 2001-03-03 19:03 Samuel Padgett
From: Samuel Padgett @ 2001-03-03 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!  I currently have `mail-user-agent' set to `message-user-agent' in
my .emacs file.  When I compose new mails with C-x m, however, no Gcc
header is set, even though I have defined `gnus-message-archive-group'
and `gnus-message-archive-method'.  Is there any way to make Message
mode respect these variables when invoked with C-x m?

Thanks!

Sam
--
Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.
		-- Steinbach

* Re: How to make C-x m respect `gnus-message-archive-group'?
@ 2001-03-03 20:06 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-03-03 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 03 Mar 2001, Samuel Padgett wrote:

> Hi!  I currently have `mail-user-agent' set to `message-user-agent'
> in my .emacs file.  When I compose new mails with C-x m, however, no
> Gcc header is set, even though I have defined
> `gnus-message-archive-group' and `gnus-message-archive-method'.  Is
> there any way to make Message mode respect these variables when
> invoked with C-x m?

Can you set mail-user-agent to gnus-user-agent?  Do that.  Emacs 21
should have this, IIRC.

kai
--
Be indiscrete.  Do it continuously.

* Re: How to make C-x m respect `gnus-message-archive-group'?
@ 2001-03-03 20:17   ` Samuel Padgett
From: Samuel Padgett @ 2001-03-03 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Can you set mail-user-agent to gnus-user-agent?  Do that.  Emacs 21
> should have this, IIRC.

That worked.  Incidentally, this is not listed as a valid value in the
`mail-user-agent' docstring.  I'm running Emacs 20.7.  Should I submit
a bug report?  Or is this something that only works with oGnus?

Thanks!

Sam
--

@ 2001-03-03 20:37     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-03-03 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 03 Mar 2001, Samuel Padgett wrote:

> Or is this something that only works with oGnus?

ognus only.  No bug.

kai
--

@ 2001-03-03 20:52     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-03-03 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Padgett <sam@harpo.homeip.net> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
> > Can you set mail-user-agent to gnus-user-agent?  Do that.  Emacs 21
> > should have this, IIRC.
>
> That worked.  Incidentally, this is not listed as a valid value in the
> `mail-user-agent' docstring.  I'm running Emacs 20.7.  Should I submit
> a bug report?

It is not a bug for Emacs 20.7.  Gnus 5.7 (coming with Emacs 20.7)
doesn't have this feature.

> Or is this something that only works with oGnus?

It should also work in Gnus 5.8.8.

ShengHuo